Top 10 Reason to Encapsulate Your Crawlspace
The average homeowner is going to pay for the cost of an encapsulation system whether he has the system installed are not. Here are the TOP 10 REASONS TO INSTALL A CRAWLSPACE ENCAPSULATION SYSTEM:
- Breathe healthier air. Vented, dirt crawl spaces have a negative impact on indoor air quality because the vents bring in unconditioned, humid outdoor air.
- Prevent costly structural repairs. Moisture ruins houses by providing hospitable environment for mold, fungi, and insects that destroy wood framing. Wood rot repair can cost a homeowner thousands of dollars. Moisture also can buckle hardwood floors.
- Increased comfort. The floors will not be cold in the winter, and the home will not feel stuffy (humid) in the summer.
- Lower Energy Bills. Sealing your crawl space permanently can reduce your energy bills by up to 20%, according to Advanced Energy’s research.
- Reduces musty odors. Encapsulating the ground odors and moisture prevents the Heating & Cooling system from spreading mold spores and odors into the main floor.
- Added storage space. For crawl spaces that are easily accessible, a usable storage space is created.
- Heating and Cooling equipment lasts longer. The humidity in the summer air increases the load on your air conditioning system causing it to work harder. Eventually the air ducts in a crawlspace have to be replaced from rust. The rust occurs from condensation in the summer because the crawlspace vents bringing in hot, humid summer air.
- Qualify for rebates and tax incentives. Some utility companies offer rebates. The federal government occasionally offers tax incentives for home performance improvements. Some state and local governments offer incentives as well.
- Increased home value. An encapsulated crawl space is an attractive selling feature. A damp or moldy crawl space will cost you more by de-valuing your home and losing many potential buyers.
- HOW MANY MORE DO YOU NEED? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR. SIGN UP FOR A FREE ESTIMATE.